Image: digitalart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Christmas Wish

I wished for snow on Christmas Day
So I could watch the children play
The gently-falling flakes upon the roof,
Were as quiet as a reindeer hoof.

The sleigh made tracks around the chimney
As I looked out from the window dimly,
I saw the tail of Santa's coat
"Merry Christmas to all.."
Was what he wrote
in the snow that had drifted quite high
His laughter filled the dark starry sky.

The twinkle of the stars was oh so bright
As I heard him say, "Merry Christmas to all,
and to all a good night."

The lines of the poem then crowded my head
As the snow gave way to the green grass instead.

Until next time..."As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."  -- Eric Sevareid

No comments:

Post a Comment