Image: digitalart/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Technology Test

I am now not only among the ranks of the unemployed, I am among the ranks of being disconnected.  The hard drive on my laptop has died, and I am forced to suffer 'withdrawal' from the internet world.  It's a sad day, folks, when an oldie like me has to give up pretty much her last connection to 'what's happenin' '.  I wasn't totally addicted, and, because I have no other choice at the moment, I must deal with it.
Seems like my whole life I have been on 'the outside lookin' in,' and this scenario proves no different.  A lot of people always seem to 'know someone,' or have a 'friend of a friend' who can come to their rescue.  I have neither.  I also have no cash flow to repair the laptop, or replace it.  Goes without saying, I have no generous benefactors either.  As many folks that have set aside their old computers for the latest bells and whistles, or have made an upgrade...surely there is some 'ole laptop just laying around for this 'ole granny to borrow or just plain have?  O-k-a-a-y.

It's okay.  I probably needed to find something else to do with my spare time <all the time, not spare>.  I can up my gas budget to make two trips a week to the local library and use their wifi and their computers.  Been there, done that.  Not the same though.

Enough whining, I guess.  Dare I hope to get a comment on this post?  Unlikely...that would merit someone actually reading it.

Until next time..."In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life...it goes on."
--Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment